Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Goodbye 2013, Greetings 2014
As always, I review my annual resolutions to see how well I accomplished them. I'm not going to beat around the bush here. Without further ado, here goes nothing...
1. Scoff all you want at me for following the crowd, but I need to lose weight.
I lost 13 of my goal of 20 lbs, then gained 3 back. New goal is to lose that last stubborn 10 lbs. From now own, this will be included in my "mainstays" section.
2. Overhaul my computer, including but not limited to better organization of all files and folders.
I made a ton progress on this, but I still have so much to do that it will now be a 2014 goal as well.
3. Sort through all belongings and get rid of anything not needed or used regularly.
I also made a lot of progress here, but I'm only half way done at best. It will also carry over to 2014.
4. Exhaust all possibilities with the government concerning SSI, college, etc.
Almost complete. College is not possible. SSI will be slightly increased in 2014, and I am in the process of qualifying for my own apartment.
5. Utilize the textbooks, DVDs, and other tutorials I have obtained over the past year.
FAIL with a capital F! In fact, this might be the failingest fail in ugottafriend.com history. Ha!
6. Complete, or at least put a massive dent in all unfinished art and writing projects.
She shoots, she scores!!!!! I feel like I redeemed myself a little here. Thanks to NaNoWriMo, I put a ginormous dent in my writing projects. I am so happy that I did this, and I'll be writing more in 2014! I've also completed a couple of art projects for family, and I'm almost done with one big one from college that's been on the back burner for a few years (yes, you read that right). I'll be sure to finish it next year, and I'll share the pic here!
The changes aren't drastic, but here are my new goals!
Drum roll please...
* Get settled in a new place of my own, or at least be on a reliable waiting list.
* Either utilize my possessions, or sell/give away. This of course does not include anything of sentimental value, just stuff with a useful purpose.
* Take updated photos of all art and complete works in progress.
* Have at least one short story from NaNoWriMo published, even if I have to publish it myself.
* Clean, backup, and reorganize my computer hard drives.
* Build or renovate all blogs and webpages until they are what I want them to be.
~ Get my health under control (aka DON'T CROAK)!
~ Stay involved in one or more charities/ministries.
~ Read more, write more, and learn more.
~ Strive to be a better person each and every day.
I greatly appreciate all who take the time to read my blog. I look forward to seeing you again in 2014, and I hope it is a most successful year for you! Take care and God bless always.