1. Continue college education HOLY SCHOOL DAZE, BATMAN...25 HOURS AND A 4.0 GPA IN 2010. THANK YOU GOD! AND THANK YOU TO MY SWEET TEACHERS, TOO!
2. Return to Florida for Bob Ross training (either Florals cert or Landscape/Seascape audit) HALLELUJAH, I STILL CANNOT BELIEVE I ACCOMPLISHED THIS!!! I SWEAR IT DARN NEAR KILLED ME PHYSICALLY, BUT I DID IT. FLORALS CERTIFIED! A MILLION THANKS TO MY STUDENTS AND LOVED ONES WHO MADE THIS HAPPEN FINANCIALLY, AND TO THE BOYS AT THE BOB ROSS ART WORKSHOP FOR PUTTING UP WITH ME FOR THREE STRAIGHT WEEKS...AGAIN!
3. Become more organized in every aspect of my life AHA...HAHAHA *SNORT* YEAH RIGHT! OK I REALLY DID BECOME MORE ORGANIZED IN SOME ASPECTS, BUT NOT OTHERS. SO I GIVE MYSELF HALF A CREDIT FOR THIS ONE.
4. Find a way to pay off some medical bills I PAID OFF MY PRIMARY PHYSICIAN, BUT HAVE THE REST OF MY LIFE TO GO IN MEDICAL PAYMENTS ELSEWHERE. SHOVE IT, SYSTEMIC DISEASE. I HATE YOUR GUTS. THAT IS ALL.
5. Put a significant dent in one or more manuscripts NEGATIVE, GHOST RIDER. DIDN'T TOUCH THEM. DIDN'T HAVE TIME! SOMEDAY, IT WILL HAPPEN.
6. Knock out at least one item on my 2010 Bucket List I AM COLLECTING POSTCARDS AGAIN, I THINK I INCREASED MY VOLUNTEER AND CHARITY WORK THIS YEAR, AND I AM (FOREVER) LEARNING TO DRAW. I DOUBT I EVER REMOVE THESE FROM MY BUCKET LIST BUT I BELIEVE I "KNOCKED OUT" THESE FEW WELL ENOUGH TO QUALIFY FOR COMPLETING THIS RESOLUTION.
And away we go...the NEW list!!!
The Mainstays (aka the stuff that's ongoing and on my list every year):
Reach/maintain a healthy weight and keep blood panel numbers at an acceptable level. Losing twelve pounds and lowering LDL cholesterol levels are on the agenda in 2011. I've done it before so I hope to do it again despite my significant decline in health and increase in meds.
Stay involved in one or more charities/ministries. No problem. It gives me a reason to live.
Read more, write more, and learn more. Most definitely. As I said last year about this, it's inevitable as I am in college! :-)
Be a good friend and relative. This is always my prayer.
Goals For 2011:
1. Figure out what to do about my college degree, and make it happen.
2. Road trip out of state to visit family and meet my new niece due to arrive in March!
3. Increase and become more organized in my teaching business.
4. Decrease my debt, whatever it takes.
5. Put a dent in one of my manuscripts...article, short story, fiction, non-fiction...who cares! Just work on something!!!
6. Remain honest and aware, pray, and strive to improve myself each and every day.
I decided not to list getting well as a resolution, because I am doing my best. God will have to do the rest.
I will be going into great detail about 2010 and beyond in a separate entry. It has been a challenging and sometimes very difficult year, and I need to get it out of my system so I can do my best to move forward.
I wish each and every visitor to my website a safe and happy 2011! Hugs and blessings to you all!